1. Beach hopping and surfing
Come Day 2, you should spend some time getting to know the other lure of Uluwatu which is the amazing beaches. Here are some beaches you can go to:
• Dreamland Beach: the beach here is big and incredibly beautiful so it can get pretty busy, which is why you should get here early if you can. Enjoy the morning lounging around or check out the cliffs in this area while you’re here.
• Balangan Beach: Just further ahead from Dreamland Beach, you will find Balangan which is home to the Balangan Viewpoint. Here you can get a panoramic view of the beach which is why it attracts a lot of wedding photoshoots. Balangan Beach is also great for surfing and sunbathing.
• Padang Padang: world-renowned because this is where they filmed “Eat, Pray, Love” which also catapulted Bali to Hollywood fame. There are stalls lining the beach so you will never run out of things to buy or eat here while you enjoy the sun, sea and sand.
• Bingin Beach: If you are up for surfing, this is a great place to try your hand at learning how to! For 50,000 rupiah an hour, you can rent a surfboard and attempt at riding the waves. This is a truly exhilarating and fun experience not to be missed in Bali!
2. Seafood dinner at Jimbaran Bay
After a long and tiring day of surfing, there’s nothing quite like unwinding with your loved ones at the beautiful Jimbaran Bay. Located about 10km from Balangan Beach, you will find a stretch of seafood restaurants with the most romantic sunset view.
The seafood here is incredibly fresh and you can spend all evening just enjoying the view and listening to the soft waves hitting the shore. After dinner, walk along the bay with your shoes off and reflect on the great time you’re having in Bali!